The Charnwood Aire 3 is smallest stove produced by Charnwood. It comfortable produces 5KW at the top end with a nominal output of 3.6KW. This should keep you warm in a space of between 90 and 125 cubic metres of volume. However, here in South Africa, who would want a tiny stove?
One reason is the ‘tiny home’ movement sweeping South Africa. More people are living smaller. A clean burning solid fuel appliance is an ideal solution for a small space. Few stoves are able to match the Aire 3’s test results in terms of clean burning which is not the case with the vast majority of small heaters. Many small spaces rely on poor quality and dangerous appliances to heat and cook on.
The other great optional innovation that comes with the Aire 3 is the Aire 3 ‘pod’. This self contained hearth and heat shield makes installation in close proximity to combustible surfaces easy and safe. The cooker top accessory also means you can cook and warm your food on it. Check out our stove accessories page for more details.
The Aire 3 may not be financially accessible to everyone that needs it in South Africa (yet) but it is a great solution for any small space be it a wendy-house, cabin, camper van, office or snug.
Charnwood Aire 3 specifications in brief:
- 86% efficiency
- Particulates (mg/m3) – 25. Eco-Design requirement is 40 or less.
- Choice of low or store stand option.
- Boiler plate steel with cast iron door.
- Air-wash system to improve glass cleaning and efficiency.
- Heat resistant handle.
- Ash pan.
- Top or rear flue option.
- External air intake option.
- Weight – 71KG with stand.
- Dimensions (with stand) – 61cm (h) x 39cm (w) x 35cm (d).
- Available in a choice of 8 colours.