The Charnwood Island 3B looks exactly like the Island III (3). However, beneath its classic looks lies a hidden secret. The 3B comes with an integral ‘boiler’. This means that while you run your fire, the boiler can heat hot water, radiators or underfloor heating.
Output to the boiler is 9KW (max) with an additional 9KW to the room. This means that this fireplace will be able to heat up to 225mᶟ of room space and then have sufficient energy from your boiler to heat a combination of the following:
- 200 litre geyser + 6-9 radiators
- 200 litre geyser + 100m² underfloor heating
- Any other combination of hot water and/or hot water fed heating to suit your needs
- Any surplus energy can be utilized to heat a Jacuzzi or pool.
The installation of a wet-system with a wood-burner is not an easy ‘DIY’ job so we strongly recommend you consult with the experts. For example – Hydrofire who are based in Cape Town but also operate in Gauteng.
The Island 3B is a special order item so check with your local dealer to find out lead times. Most projects of this nature are planned months in advance so our lead time should not be an issue with most projects.
Charnwood 3B Specifications in brief:
- Dimensions – 78cm (h) x 75cm (w) x 40cm (d)
- Multi-fuel converter grate with riddle mechanism
- Thermostatic cut-off to prevent overheating
- Thermostatic control dial for the simply control of the burn rate on the stove
- Available in choice of colours and stands/leg heights